Forget flashing your midriff, fashion’s new favourite erogenous zone is the humble shoulder. Celebrities and designers alike have been making a strong case for shoulder baring for the last few seasons and the high street has finally caught up with everything from tops, dresses and even the odd jumpsuit. While the ‘cold shoulder’ look is great for winter, I love exaggerated off the shoulder looks – the type that looks like it’s about to slip right off. Here are my top picks from the high street:
- ASOS button through midi sundress - £32This pretty dress is the tamest off the shoulder look, with support straps in place to make sure you don’t feel too exposed. I love the nautical stripes, a subtle nod to the other ground-breaking trend that always appears in spring.
- Topshop cold shoulder bardot blouse - £42For me, exposed shoulders and big, flouncy frills are like a match made in heaven! This top obviously lends itself to be styled up with a pretty skirt for a feminine look but I think it would also look great with black culottes for a bold, minimal look.
- Zara off the shoulder printed top - £29.99Now we’re talking! This is my ideal silhouette, acres of bare shoulders and a top that looks like it’s about to slip off. Also obsessed with this pretty china blue pattern print.
- Kiss The Sky off the shoulder playsuit - £38This playsuit is essentially my dream summer wardrobe condensed into one piece. An easy, breezy playsuit and a bohemian embroidered detailing and huge fluted sleeves and the essential off the shoulder neckline. Perfection.
- Zara off the shoulder jumpsuit - £49.99
I fell in love with this jumpsuit as soon as I saw it. It’s one of those pieces which probably wouldn’t look great on the hanger but as soon as you have it on and move, it’s a dream. I love the understated vibe and slight flamenco vibe. Obsessed.