Recently, I’ve been on a bit of a faux fur shopping spree. I totally blame London-based brand Shimps, who have singlehandedly made faux fur cool with their fun, bold coats and accessories. I may or may not have bought a bag charm, clutch and a collar within a couple of weeks of each other. Look, they were lonely and needed company – I definitely do not have a faux fur problem! The days of faux fur being overly faux and shiny or yeti-like are but a distant memory now and there are so many chic, animal-friendly options. Here are my favourites, including a couple of pieces from Shrimps:
- Shrimps Abatha coat - £595This season’s update of Shrimps’ iconic coat, I love the subtle forest green shade of this coat, perked up with a bubble gum pink trim on the collar and cuffs.
- Shrimps rainbow clutch - £195I have a slightly different clutch in bright orange and blue and I absolutely love it. It adds a playful edge to my outfits and will be GREAT for the party season.
- ASOS coat with faux fur cuffs - £110I know faux fur isn’t for everyone, but who can resist this beautiful moss green coat with faux fur cuffs for a subtle addition of fur?
- Urban Outfitters Mongolian faux fur scarf - £39Another subtle take on faux fur, this Mongolian fur scarf looks so cosy! I love the pretty winter white colour and splash of teal.
- Topshop faux fur hybrid coat - £89Masculine tailoring and faux fur aren’t the most obvious combination but, as this coat shows, they really work together.