I don’t know if it’s because I’ve just come back from holiday but there is a definite chill in the air in London. Autumn is actually one of my favourite seasons, the burnt oranges and browns look beautiful and the air is fresh and crisp. Fashion-wise, it’s nice to layer up and invest in pieces which will see you through the next four months of gloomy weather. I much prefer shopping for autumn/winter to spring/summer for some reason and see it as more of an investment than more trend-led impulse buys in summer. That’s not to say that the colder months need to be about stark basics in neutral shades - I’m pretty sure we all have the perfect pair of black boots, camel coat etc by now - so I prefer jazzing up my winter ware with more unusual statement pieces. Being a shoe girl, my forte is statement boots. Here is my pick of the best statement boots on the high street:
- Topshop Huskie fringed pointed boots - £72I love the beautiful rust shade of these suede boots, so unusual and mirrors the lovely colours of the leaves. Between the colour, fringing and suede fabric, these boots are perfect for embracing the 70s trend.
- Next lace panel point boots - £45The lace panel stops these from being just another pair of black boots. I love the pretty, gothic detailing, these boots are perfect for going from desk to dinner/drinks.
- Lost Ink white croc effect ankle boots - £45These beautiful boots from Lost Ink are the polar opposite of the usual winter fare you’ll find in the high street. White, croc effect finish with a very clean block heel, I adore them.
- Carvela Gwenda boots - £129 from £180These are perhaps the epitome of all statement boots and definitely not for fainthearted. Towering 6” heels aside, the gold jewel-encrusted boots will make sure you’re the centre of attention. Keep the rest of your outfit muted to really highlight the boots.
- ASOS Key to my heart boots - £60I have to admit, I have a penchant for OTK boots. They can be difficult to pull off, I have a black leather pair with super high heels which are almost too sexy for life – I only ever wear them with jeans to dress them down. This pair by ASOS have a modest heel and the beige, suede-effect fabric stops them from looking too Pretty Woman.